Saturday, December 4, 2010

My favorite submissions

I have pinpointed my favorite submissions. You would think that I would have known myself which ones where my favorite, but I had to hear someone else say that I always go for these two submissions no matter what. So the first one is the Ezekiel, one of the sneakiest chokes that BJJ has. All I do is get some kind of dominant position outside of the guard and then act like I am resting for a second, all the while I am positioning one hand behind the head and grabbing my sleeve. Then once I have the sleeve from the other hand I spin my free hand around the neck hopefully quick enough for them to not block it. Works more then any one would think, just have to be quick with the last part. I almost tapped out a blue belt with it just recently, his face was bright red, but since he was a blue belt he knew how to make me let go or get my fingers broken. Then he immediately got me in an arm bar, the guy is really good so I am not bummed about losing that submission. My next favorite submission is the Kimora. If I have side control I immediately go for it. I do not always have it but it makes my opponent defend that arm giving me enough space to either get full mount or position his arm for a really quick and easy armbar.

No comments: